The Technohackers Robotics Group is all about building and programming your own robot. We do most of our work from scratch. No shiny off the shelf robots here. Technohackers all start not knowing what they are doing. As you get skills and learn you can move to building your own robotic lifeforms and inventions. We Build and We Play. Without a doubt, there will be plenty of disaster and probably smoke.
This group is new this term and is kicking off on Tuesday the 15th of May. Contact Kevin for more information. Participants will need access to laptop, perseverance and a love wild ideas.
If you would like to join in here is the sign-up form for parents
If you are already a member and attending another group, just let Kevin know first to check there is space.
Other useful information:
- You do need your own laptop (or lug in a PC).
- We are using the Whangarei Club in Rust Ave. This is across the road from the old Library. There is parking for dropping off to the left of the building.
- The name “Technohackers” was created by the members. “Techno” is short for technology while “hackers” is shorthand for those of us that create, make, and generally modify technology to solve problems. There is no negative connotation to the word in our context.
- We are supported by membership ($10/week automatic payment):
- Membership of Technohackers means you can attend any or all events that are appropriate.
- Membership will include a holiday event and discounts on extra events.
- Everything is also open to non-members but at a casual rate ($12 per session and full day events are typically $45 to $55).
- Automatic direct deposit can be setup to this account: 38-9005-0061268-00. Use your initial and last name as the reference.
- We will be looking for sponsorship to enable more expensive equipment or activities to occur or to support individual children attending.
- And finally, it’s important to note that it’s not about the money. If something is too expensive or tricky to pay, just let Kevin Waugh know and join in anyway.