Technohackers Coding Group
Ages 9+, Tuesday 3:15 to 5:00pm.
The Technohackers Coding Group is all about getting into coding and dreaming about the cool game they are going to create. You can start in this group without knowing what you are doing (Technohackers all start not knowing what they are doing) and work towards your own creations. This group is about learning coding to make games. We create games and we play games.
This group is kicking off on Tuesday the 4th of Feb. Contact Kevin for more information. Participants will need access to laptop, perseverance and a love of computer games. We have a couple spare laptops and are always looking for not-too-old donations.
If you would like to join in here is the sign-up form for parents
If you are already a member and attending another group, just let Kevin know first to check there is space.
Other useful information:
- You do need your own laptop (or lug in a PC).
- We are using the Whangarei Club in Rust Ave. This is across the road from the old Library. There is parking for dropping off to the left of the building.
- The name “Technohackers” was created by the members. “Techno” is short for technology while “hackers” is shorthand for those of us that create, make, and generally modify technology to solve problems. There is no negative connotation to the word in our context.
- We are supported by membership ($15/week for this group):
- Membership of Technohackers means you can attend any or all events that are appropriate.
- More information on membership can be found on the membership page.