If you’re a maker, tinkerer, inventor, or paper doodling designer: This is your time! Learn how to get ideas out of your head and into the world.
The goal of this one day event is to give you the knowledge to start designing and making your own things using CAD/CAM software, laser cutters, 3D printers and CNC machines. The day will take you through the process of designing your own fidget spinner, all the way through to fabrication.
- No experience necessary – just experience to be gained.
- This is the starting point for learning to get ideas out of your head and into reality.
- You will come out of the day able to continue making your own things and adapting existing designs.
- You will be primed and ready for more learning.
- We will be using Fusion 360 by Autodesk. This is a professional level tool that is free for students and for non-commercial work.
- From software to hardware, all the tools of modern fast manufacturing and prototyping will be there.
It will be a full day from 9:30 to 4pm.
We will be in the Whangarei Boys’ High School Hall.
Appropriate for teens (11+) and adults.
Non-participating supporters welcome.
This event was last held on Sunday 20th August 2017 in Whangarei. To be notified about upcoming events, add your name and email to our signup form at the bottom of this page.